Monday 12 March 2012

Customisation

After having my idea set, colour scheme and thoroughly researched the A/W collections to inspire my accessories I started to customise. I sourced material from charity shops, fabric shops and my own, I then had to find jewels,buttons,beads, shells and flowers to decorate my accessories. I found the beads and buttons from a fabric shop, i sourced the jewels from my own collection of jewelry and all ready had some shells left over from a previous shoot.

I feel my accessories are very successful and I feel I have really recreated the designers looks. It looks a lot better than i thought it would and i think it is so successful because of careful sourcing and making sure the materials were the right quality.

Here is a test shot of close up of earring, this is the first draft of the earring as I added a few things onto it after this shot.


These are all my little bits that I spray painted to get the white/blue icy look.

Here is the final draft of the earring, added 2 more beads and a jeweled button to create the odd shape Dolce & Gabbana did with there earrings.

Here is the white Dolce & Gabban head band after I had spray painted it, I feel it gave it the edgy kind of icy look I was going for.


This is the material I rapped around the headband, I sourced this from a material shop and i noticed it for its resembulance of snow and ice.




No comments:

Post a Comment